A comic piece
Each student will create a short comic performance to be presented during the final exam period, Wednesday, 12/7, 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Approximately five minutes. Worth 10 points.
Performances could be:
- A prepared funny story (a la stand-up comedy). Turn in a printed copy (200 words minimum), although you can ad lib during the performance.
- A screenplay (perform as a table read) for a single scene. It can be a spec script for an existing TV comedy, fan fiction, or an original work.
- A narrative video or PowerPoint slide show.
- A narrative song (can be a parody or take-off).
- A fake autobiography (a la "contributors notes" by Michael Martone; minimum 300 words).
- See Dr. Butler's fake autobiography (although yours does not have to be that long).
Two students may work on the screenplay or video together.
If you have public-speaking anxiety, consult with Dr. Butler for an alternative way to submit your work.