Jump to navigationJump to search
Revision as of 19:01, 18 December 2007 by Jeremy Butler (New page: #What are icons? What is iconography? Discuss [http://www.tcf.ua.edu/tvcritgallery/main.php/v/tvprograms/TwoADays/ examples from ''Two-a-Days'']. #Lighting questions: ##What are the chara...)
- What are icons? What is iconography? Discuss examples from Two-a-Days.
- Lighting questions:
- What are the characteristics of three-point lighting?
- What is the difference between high-key and low-key lighting?
- What is chiaroscuro?
- Describe the mise-en-scene of the Northern Exposure scene with Joel and Jules. How are aspects of the characters (Joel, Jules, Maggie, Ed) communicated through mise-en-scene? That is, what would we know about the characters even if there were no dialogue in this scene?
- Butler, Jeremy G. Television: Critical Methods and Applications. Mahweh, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 2007.